Sexual Orientation Gender Identity and Expression Collective
Chair: Brian Romero, LMSW
The Sexual Orientation Gender Identity and Expression Collective (SOGIE) Committee meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6:30pm-8pm at the Chapter office, located at 50 Broadway, Suite 1001, New York, NY 10004. RSVP required at: email@example.com
* Please contact the committee for information about summer meetings at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SOGIE Collective of NASW NYC’s mission is to:
· Provide LGBT social workers and social work students with a peer network that promotes connection, positive interaction and mutual support
· Celebrate the contributions LGBT social workers make to the profession
· Provide continuing education in order to empower social workers to better serve the needs of LGBT clients and expand their clinical and community based practice
· Promote social justice on behalf of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people
· Support research that contributes to the existing body of social work knowledge with an emphasis on LGBT cultural competency.
To join our listserv, please click here <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/lgbtnasw/info> For information on Committee activities, please email us at email@example.com.