NASW-NYC Asian American Social Work Task Force
Check out our Calendar of Events for an up-to-date meeting schedule.
Chair: My-Lan Tran
Who we are
The Asian American Social Work Task Force (AASW Task Force) of the National Association of Social Workers’ New York City Chapter is a professional network for social workers of Asian descent with a mission to enhance professional growth and development and to advance equitable representation of Asian American social workers throughout all health and human service delivery systems.
What we do
The AASW Task Force achieves its mission and goals through the following objectives:
• Educational and networking opportunities for professional social workers and social work students of Asian descent, including international students
• Partnerships to increase and support Asian Americans in the social work profession through recruitment, scholarships and mentorship
• Collaborative activities to enhance the value and image of the social work profession to the Asian American communities
• Increased awareness and dialogue about issues and concerns that impact Asian American communities
• Advocacy for institutional explorations in the areas of cultural competency practice and curriculum design
To be added to our listserv please email us: email@example.com