Licensing and Authorization of Settings-Applying for a Waiver
Click here to see all the non-for-profit organizations that have applied for the waiver to enable agencies to continue to employ licensed social workers. For more on waivers, see below.
1. Governor Andrew Cuomo signs into law an extension of the deadline for social work employers to apply for waivers. New Deadline is February 1, 2012
2. What Social Workers Should Know About Organizations That Employ Licensed Professionals
3. Resources for Learning About Waivers
- Power point presentation by Dr. David Hamilton, Executive Secretary, State Education Department. To access a pdf of the presentation (which includes access to the actual forms needed to apply for a waiver), please click here.
- You can watch a shorter video (below) addressing the need for organizations that may require a waiver to authorize your setting as an employer of licensed social workers.
Please Note: The video is titled "Authorized Settings for Provision of Mental Health Services”. The need for waivers extends well beyond mental health services and pertains to any program employing licensed social workers, as well as utilizing social work interns engaged in work normally done by licensed social workers. Watch the video with this in mind.