Advanced Training for Masters Level
Social Work Supervisors Serving Older Adults
Earn 30 CE Contact Hours
Five full day workshops From October 5 through November 29, 2016
NASW-NYC and the Helen Rehr Center for Social Work Practice, under the auspice of National NASW and the John A. Hartford Foundation, is offering a training program - Supervisory Leaders in Aging (SLA). The program is designed to improve the delivery of care and services to older adults by strengthening the supervision of social work staff providing direct social services.
Participants can expect to:
• Gain gerontological knowledge and enhance their teaching skills to guide practice with older adults.
• Strengthen and build on leadership skills in supporting interdisciplinary team work.
• Benefit from continued peer support, practice, research and policy updates and other opportunities through SLA’s growing network of graduates.
• Earn 30 CE credit hours for social work licensing.
Dates and SLA training sessions:
Who is eligible to join SLA?
MSWs working as supervisors or as managers providing supervision to staff, in any setting, who provide direct social services to older adults are eligible to apply. Both experienced and novice supervisors are encouraged to seek this advanced training.
Criteria for Agencies
Employers agree to support SLA participants, including full or partial payment of the registration fee or providing time to attend the 5 full-day workshops. Employers also agree to complete pre-and post-training questionnaires and to support graduates in their efforts to enhance supervision and staff training.
Information about Registering
• The registration fee for members of NASW is $600 and for non-members $1,000. NASW welcomes new members at the point of submitting an application.
• For more information and to register, contact Frances Brennan at email@example.com.
• Click here to apply
NASW New York City Chapter is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0027.